NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIANS EDUCATION FOUNDATION (NATEF)
General Motors and ACDelco are strong supporters of future automotive technicians via NATEF-accredited secondary and post-secondary schools. In fact, did you know that ACDelco provides online training at no cost to over 1,300 NATEF-accredited high schools? In addition, many of the GM ASEP schools help to support local NATEF-accredited high schools.
A portion of ACDelco's award-winning technical, web-based training is available to high-school/college-level students (14 years of age or older) nationwide at NATEF-certified secondary/post-secondary schools (high school/college programs) at no cost to qualifying students.
HOW IT WORKS
Founded in 1983 as an independent, nonprofit organization, the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) works to improve the quality of automotive technician training programs nationwide at secondary, post-secondary, public and proprietary schools.
To accomplish this mission, NATEF examines the structure, resources and quality of training programs and evaluates them against standards established by the industry. These standards reflect the skills that students must master to be successful in the industry.
NATEF also works with students to increase career-awareness opportunities in the automotive repair industry.
GM provides instructor training on the latest trends in technology. Please note, instructors must register their participation prior to enrolling students.
Here is what we provide instructors:
- A state-of-the-art, no-cost curriculum from ACDelco, an industry leader.
- Instructions on how to enroll your students in the program.
Other instructor information:
- All NATEF-accredited instructors are required to further their training each year; ACDelco provides training that these instructors can take to help them fulfill those requirements.
- Instructors may supplement their training curriculum by providing their students with ACDelco web-based training.
- ACDelco offers many opportunities to gain information, share experiences, ask questions and more – just log on to acdelco.com or acdelcotechconnect.com. You can also engage via social media outlets (Facebook, YouTube, Google+).
- Download or view the NATEF Instructor Handout, which can be used to promote the program to your students and other staff members.
- To register for access to training, contact the Help Desk between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST at 800.825.5886, prompt 1. Please have your organization's six-digit number available. You may also submit your request or inquiry by email to ACDelco Training Help at email@example.com.
*Instructors must register their participation prior to enrolling students.
GM provides instructor training on the latest trends in technology.
Here are a few of the NATEF benefits you can expect:
- State-of-the-art training program
- Course-completion certificates
- Access to job openings at service centers that support ACDelco
Other student information:
- ACDelco's online training is offered at no cost at NATEF-accredited secondary and post-secondary schools. This state-of-the-art training, whether taken for in-class credit or extra credit, can help ensure a quality education.
- Students can contact an ACDelco Professional Service Center (PSC) to seek GM ASEP sponsorship or employment by logging into acdelco.com and locating a service center by entering their ZIP code.
AVAILABLE NATEF TRAINING COURSES
- HVAC Systems and Operations Stage 1
- GM Braking Systems 1
- GM Braking Systems 2
- Electrical/Electronics Stage 1
- Electrical/Electronics Stage 2
- Electrical/Electronics Stage 3
- Battery, Charging and Starting Systems
- Engine Performance 1
- Engine Performance 2
- Steering Systems and Diagnostics
- GM Chassis Control Systems
- Manual Gearbox and Clutch
- SI Overview
- Automotive Meters
- Precision Measuring Tools
- Maintenance Automotive Fluids
- Maintenance Behind the Wheel
- Maintenance Under Car
- Tires and Wheels
- Professional Skills Assessment
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Continuous Improvement
- Alternators/Generators and Starters
- Belts and Hoses
- Manual Transmission Clutch
- Fluids and Chemicals
- Fuel Systems
- Engine Cooling System
- Shocks, Struts, Rack and Pinion
- Spark Plugs
- Anti-Lock Braking Systems Overview
- Schematic Basics
- Wide Band 02 Sensor
View all NATEF Web-Based Training Courses and Descriptions.
ACDelco also offers a variety of Technical Training Videos
Launch the Training Site